Our client is currently going through an unprecedented and exciting period of growth and development and is now looking for committed and motivated Microbiology Analysts to join their team. This is a permanent position and training will take place in Galway.
Our client is a leading provider of sampling, analysis and on-contract analysts to the food, environmental, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. They are renowned for delivering high-quality laboratory data, always on time and in the most customer-focused way.
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
- Working as directed by Microbiology Laboratory supervisor according to Company safety policies and quality standards
- Performing microbiological testing and confirmation on samples to relevant test methods.
- Ensuring results are recorded in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ensuring that any out of suspicious results are alerted to supervisor.
- Completion of test records / LIMS and ensuring Right First Time KPIs are achieved.
- Stock control within Micro laboratory
- Support of validation activity when required
- Maintaining laboratory records in a state of compliance.
- Participating in audits when required.
- Performing or assisting Quality Manager with calibration of equipment
- Waste control and maintenance of the laboratory and of Lab cleaning schedule
- Performing any other activities as indicated by the Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor
- Support the Lean Laboratory program within the Microbiology Laboratory.
The ideal Microbiologist would look like:
- A minimum of an Honours BSc. in a Microbiology related course.
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role.
- A strong team player who is both flexible and adaptable.
- Must be open to relocation
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Jessica Ryan,