Our client, a leading company in Cavan, is seeking a Microbiology Technician.
Primary Function / Goals / Objectives
- Follow all Environmental, Health and Safety Rules and Regulations in the plant.
- Report any current or potential hazards to your manager immediately.
- The Micro Technician must wear the correct Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) at all times for the work they are carrying out. This will protect from biological hazards and general laboratory hazards. Appropriate controls such as fume hood and ventilation must be taken where required. Consult the appropriate SOP when required.
- This function has the responsibility for reviewing all SOP’s for any job task he/she may carry out and ensure he/she fully understands and adheres to the SOP.
- Swabbing of all areas both inside and outside the plant is a responsibility of this position. The Microbiology Supervisor will communicate the schedule.
- The Lab Technician must ensure Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) is maintained at all times including swabbing, waste control and chemical disposal at all times. Aseptic techniques must be practiced at all times.
- The technician will carry out product testing using Bacteriological Test Methods
- She/he must carry out sampling at process sample points and test product throughout the process to ensure no microbiology impact is identified.
- The technician will also carry out in-process testing.
- This function will also assist with collection and testing of extra samples throughout the process during trials of new product innovation.
- She/he must carry out daily checks on laboratory equipment including incubators and fridges as per appropriate up to date SOPs.
- The technician will assist in the validation process were required.
- All equipment must be qualified prior to use and the Micro Technician will assist in this process.
- All laboratory results must be communicated in a timely and efficient manner.
- All waste should be disposed of as per procedure and all safety measures should be taken as required.
- Documentation of all data and report as required.
- This Job function will change where update procedures to GMP, EHS, Technical / New Equipment, Quality Procedures & SOP’s are made.
- This list of responsibilities may change depending on plant needs and employees are expected to be adaptable and flexible where this need arises.
- The technician will carry out all testing associated with Batch Release & Micro-Biological Analysis
- Degree/Diploma or Cert in Food Science or equivalent Scientific discipline .
- Strong understanding of compliance and quality standards.
- Very good understanding of the microbiological techniques & methods used.
- Very good knowledge of the plant and all swabbing locations.
- Very good interpersonal skills