Our client, a leading pharmaceutical in Cavan, is recruiting for a Microbiology Lab Technician
Primary Function / Goals / Objectives
· Follow all Environmental, Health and Safety Rules and Regulations in the plant.
· Report any current or potential hazards to your manager immediately.
· The Micro Technician must wear the correct Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) at all times for the work they are carrying out. This will protect from biological hazards and general laboratory hazards. Appropriate controls such as fume hood and ventilation must be taken where required. Consult the appropriate SOP when required.
· This function has the responsibility for reviewing all SOP’s for any job task he/she may carry out and ensure he/she fully understands and adheres to the SOP.
· Swabbing of all areas both inside and outside the plant is a responsibility of this position. The Microbiology Supervisor will communicate the schedule.
Degree/Diploma or Cert in Food Science or equivalent Scientific discipline
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Colin Byrne.