About the position
As a Lab Support Manager for the Ireland facility, you will have the responsibility to support the laboratory operations and assure regulatory compliant programs.
Your primary responsibility will be to manage the team of engineers/scientists and 3rd party vendors who provide support to the various analytical groups on all aspects of analytical instrumentation and equipment including qualification, installation, maintenance, calibration and repair.
- Lead and manage a team of 8-10 engineers/scientists on all instrumentation support projects for the laboratory analytical groups
- Oversee and manage all instrumentation support activities and projects
- Ensure all instrumentation support activities and projects are compliant with quality/QMP and documentation requirements
- Coordinates calibration and maintenance activities on a range of analytical equipment per procedures.
- Coordinates equipment qualifications, executing IQ/OQ/PQ activities.
- Reviews calibration and maintenance records from peers.
- Tracks and maintains equipment schedule.
- Trains analysts on equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or related discipline.
- Previous Supervisor/Management experience essential.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 10+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Experience working as a Scientist/Analyst within a GMP/Pharma environment where you had supervisory/management responsibility.
- Analytical equipment experience is a must. Experience in running/maintaining/calibrating a range of analytical equipment including HPLC/UPLC/Dissolution apparatus/ particle counting apparatus.
- Experience in biopharm equipment such as CE / ICE would be a plus.
- Ability to train/mentor junior staff.