Our Client is a global leader and manufacturer of injection-molded products for the medical device, pharmaceutical, healthcare and industrial markets as well as consumer packaging. They are currently expanding their current team to meet customer demand and are seeking a Metrologist to join their team. This is a permanent position based in Co. Longford. The successful candidate is responsible for Measuring systems programs, tooling and instrumentation used to accurately measure the company's products. Reporting to the Quality Manager the Metrologist will also ensure personnel are fully trained to use metrology and measurement techniques & equipment.
- Interprets drawings featuring Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing to identify product inspection requirements
- Work from written or verbal instructions, detailed engineering drawings, and 3D models.
- Write and edits programs & Inspection routines for CMM’s, CT Scanner, Vision systems and Comparator.
- Identify, design & develop tooling / fixture requirements to facilitate product inspection on CMM / Vision system / Metrology equipment in conjunction with tooling manufacturer.
- Generate FAT / FAI / PD / OQ / PQ reports to support new product qualifications.
- Develop method of “gauge” evaluation to consider, calibration frequencies, gauge life, fit for purpose, etc
- Carry out G R & R studies in Minitab.
- Train QC personnel on use of metrology and best practice when measuring products.
- Calibration. Maintain the Metrology calibration schedule. Conduct internal calibrations on specific equipment against documented work instruction. Maintains the Calibration database.
- Support Quality Engineers and Process Engineers on continuous improvement projects.
- Serves as technical expert for metrology inspections.
- Maintain and support compliance to ISO 13485 and ISO 14001 systems standards.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Qualifications & Key Attributes
- Degree in Engineering - Mechanical or Manufacturing discipline.
- Ability to work with Autocad / 3D drawing packages is essential.
- Proficient in reading / interpreting engineering drawings.
- Self-motivated, can work on own initiative
- 3-5 years’ experience in metrology role
- Experience in application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Assist in the design concept of fixtures required for holding parts during inspection.
- Attention to detail and accuracy when completing documentation is required.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Ranait Coughlan
(090) 6450664 (01) 66 200 88