Having moved to Ireland myself from Berlin when 6 years old (yes much younger than you now!) but I may still be able to somewhat relate to your situation of moving to a new country and culture. wir können auch ein wenig deutsch sprechen.
There is a big and growing multicultural community in Cork, which is great and I am proud and happy to say that I am a part of that. Any questions or help needed on that do not hesitate on asking questions, but now let’s focus on the job, please read below and get in touch if it looks of interest.
Great opportunity for anyone that wants to join a multicultural and diverse work environment. Do you have a pharmacist, physician or university degree in natural science, or relevant equivalent business experience? Are you fluent in German and English? do you have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Medical Information? Then get in touch, I would be happy to talk with you about the role and what it is you are looking for in your next career move. My contact details are at the end of this job specification.
Regional Subject Matter Expert for Medical Information:
- Provide answers for specific, detailed requests related to his/her therapeutic area (TA) in
English and/or local language.
- Is accountable for planning, researching and writing scientifically complex high quality,
balanced, scientifically based, consistent and accurate medical information responses for use by
internal business partners to answer unsolicited external customer questions and from internal
- Maintain broad knowledge of medical information resources; able to easily access and expertly
integrate data and information from various sources and technologies to address customer needs
across regions, functions, and phases of drug development.
- Manage issues and crisis management to his/her TA.
- Is accountable for identifying new ways of doing business and/or replicate best practices with
regional/global application to promote consistency and proactively communicates to facilitate
- Cooperate with key personnel to analyse metrics for applicable TA.
- Maintain and develop product and disease training for Medical Information.
Support for European Medical Information:
- Enable requests to be answered in a timely manner with the lowest cost and effort, through
training and quality monitoring of responses to support First Touch Point Resolution.
- Continuously monitor requests and awareness of products, competitors and TA changes/issues in
order to identify new topics coming up from the markets, since this may require new/updated
standard answers, databases and trainings.
- Responsible for coordinating the development and review of medical information responses with
team members, manage expectations and timelines effectively.
- Create enduring materials to maximize medical information dissemination that has broad
- Provide formal or informal coaching to others in the function, across geographies, or other
departments by sharing scientific therapeutic expertise and medical information, give guidance, and
answer questions across regions, functions and phases of drug development.
- Ensure appropriate resourcing for peer reviews and quality checks.
- Responsible for product training and processes to support Medical Information in answering
- Serve as a resource to answer questions from Medical Information related to strategy.
- Responsible to provide support for the frontline in answering customer questions according to
the business continuity plan.
- Responsible for supporting the implementation of the new organisational structure in Europe.
- Support the operations on Alliances partnership when Medical Information is involved.
- Build/manage relationships with colleagues in the centralized European Medical Information.
- Foster interaction and teamwork with global counterparts and across Medical to ensure successful regional launches and ensure regional needs are incorporated into global work plans.
- Actively participate in the Business Unit TA organization for the region.
- Maintain involvement in external professional/scientific organizations to bring back functional
expertise to drive the awareness of Medical Information business and initiatives.
Specialist Know How:
- Acquire, develop and maintain extensive know-how related to his/her specialist-matter.
- Acquire, develop and maintain extensive know-how related to the therapeutic area of his/her
- Keep up-to-date with competitor product knowledge and competitive market position, global
developments and changes related to his/her subject matter.
- Expert knowledge of how to analyse and integrate data and information from a broad range of
resources and technologies to address complex customer questions in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the delegated Responsible Pharmacist duties on Medinfo activities and local
specificities of regulations are taken into account:
- Responsible for compliance with the requirement for information on company products aligned with the ethical principles in the Public Health Code.
- Ensure compliance of validation processes, ensure that the local specificities of French national
regulations are taken into account or respectively another country’s national regulations.
- Responsible to provide periodic reports to the Responsible Pharmacist and alert him/her as required.
- Pharmacist, physician or university degree in natural science, or relevant equivalent.
- Fluency in German and English.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Medical Information.
- Effective telephone communication and computer skills.
- Strong medical writing skills required; able to translate complex medical information and data into a succinct, technically correct, readable document that customers are able to read and use to make clinical decisions.
- Experience in applying the principles of Evidence-Based Medicine in searching, analyzing and writing medical information.
- Experience with entering data into databases, performing medical literature searches and
evaluation of the medical literature.
- Resource Management skills.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and strategic thinking.
- Use creative and innovative thinking, techniques and tools to business advantage.
- Advanced written and verbal English and German skills.
- Experience in using validated quality systems or databases.
- Experience in product launch.
- Ability to work across functional and geographical boundaries.
- Ability to influence others without direct supervision.
- A writing exercise is required as a part of the candidate evaluation process.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Lia Boyland on 021-4911060 or email email@example.com