Our client based in North Cork is looking for a Mechanical Project Engineers to join their growing team.
As part of the engineering team you will be responsible for the engineering activities on a specific project or multiple projects dependant on size and complexity. The activities associated with the project will vary and will be agreed with the Project Manager on an ongoing basis. You will support the design team through the process up to and including the onsite installation and commissioning.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Assist with the purchasing and acquisition of all BOQ items for projects including labour, parts and materials
- Timeline planning of all small industrial installations from awarding of contract to completion and handover of all documentation.
- Coordinate site labour for projects.
- Support with the completion of projects on time and within budget.
- Invoicing and debt retrieval as appropriate.
- Writing engineering reports, method statements and commissioning schedules.
- Assist with the design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contractions in specifications.
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay.
- Support the compilation and issuing of technical submittals.
- Manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of equipment and complete the receipt verification process once equipment is delivered.
- Review the installation with the BIM team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling.
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings.
- Attend quality meetings and participate in QA/QC walk downs when required.
- Evaluate the RFI responses to ensure that there are no engineering issues with them.
- Review and answer technical queries from site in relation to specifications/drawings/materials and equipment.
- Ensure site supervisors are working off latest drawings at all times.
- Issue requisitions and ensure all materials delivered are as per specifications and submittals.
- Third level Mechanical Engineering degree or;
- Similar relevant third level qualification and experience will be considered.
- Full EU/ Irish driving licence
- Proficiency in PC skills to include reading ACAD and all MS office and Project software.
- Working knowledge of conditions of contracts.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills.
- Strong engineering, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Have proven experience in an engineering role in an Mechanical environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Rory Walsh.