A permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mechanical Process Engineer to join a industrial manufacturing client in South Galway. This is an award winning manufacturing company, with a large industry presence.
The Mechanical Process Engineer will take responsibility and ownership for all activities associated with their assigned product steps and provide Technical Support within Operations to meet agreed operational targets for safety, quality, performance and cost. Within this company, the Mechanical Process Engineer plays an integral part in Operations and will work autonomously with plenty of scope for creativity.
Key objectives of this position include:
- Ensures manufacturing operations are continually supported and maintained in compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Implementation and management of preventative maintenance process across all value streams
- Familiarisation with CNC machinery with the knowledge to optimise programs for OEE improvement
- The preparation and routine review of Cleaning Procedures, Equipment Operating Procedures & Standard Operating Procedures. These updates include actively making changes to drive improvements, increase in RFT and OTIF
- Support Process & Facility start-ups, initial campaigns & process optimizations
- Complete detailed Equipment and Process assessments.
- Application of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies when undertaking projects and coaching others in use of these tools as part of their application.
- Takes ownership for assigned process steps and provide technical support as required to maintain machine uptime
- Lead cross functional investigations within operations. Use lean six sigma tools to drive root cause analysis
- Participation and driving of Continuous Improvement Activities - including the continuous development and improvement of Documentation, Standards and Processes.
- Lead cycle time reduction initiatives
- Drive EHS activities within Operations including participation in Process or wider safety initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years, experience in a process / project engineering role
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.