- Reference: LK46571
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Manager with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Project Core Team monitoring: assessing progress of assigned resources and influencing technical direction
- Insuring work conducted using good engineering practice, supported by appropriate analysis and test.
- Accountability for mechanical designs produced by staff
- Technical review of designs produced by design partners
- Partnering with other business leaders to optimize project execution.
- Program/Project Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Firmware Dev
- Continuous improvement activities of engineering and business processes to support improved quality, efficiency and time to market.
- Product related Risk Management activities
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industrial experience in an electro-mechanical environment, preferably medical.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing technical staff
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge
- Customer focused
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience of working in a collaborative engineering environment
- Computer literate with good oral and written presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with root cause investigation using a CAPA or other issue tracking process.
- Knowledge of international standards applicable to medical devices, including IEC 60601.
- Experience with data acquisition, analysis, and statistical methods.
- Expertise in interdisciplinary systems, including electromechanical and electronic systems
- Experience in design verification of Medical Device in a FDA-regulated environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with 3D Inventor, SolidWorks, and Minitab is highly desirable.
- Experience over the full product life cycle is desired.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270