- Contribute to the standardization of best practices throughout the company in engineering, maintenance standards & materials specifications
- Support the management of the fleet, monitoring safety & performance of specific vehicle types & ensuring that all vehicles comply with all requirements detailed in current & new legislation
- Maintain necessary fleet records and other activity statistics, both statutory and those required by the Head of Engineer.
- Provide support and assistance to Technical Manager in executing the responsibilities of the Technical Section and Head of Engineer Department.
- Manage & co-ordinate assigned projects that are fully integrated with business plans & ensure that the Fleet operates in a safe & cost-effective manner
- Review & update fleet maintenance systems
- Contribute to the development of Fleet Specifications and evaluate tenders for new and second-hand vehicles
- Analyse parts usage and the evaluation of tenders for supply of parts
- Provide key support and expertise in fleet component sub-teams on both chassis and body components.
- Schedule & monitor maintenance, repair and modifications/refurbishments of specific vehicle types in the Regions.
- Provide technical support & advice to Regions and Central Management
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Regional maintenance management, supervisors and ground staff
- Develop a client service approach with Regions
- Develop business & technical working relationships with vehicle and parts manufacturers
- Co-ordinate fleet meetings with assigned manufacturers concerning services issues, safety campaigns, fleet bulletins and modifications.
- Ensure timely & thorough investigations of technical aspects of accidents & collisions
- Contribute to the continued development of a safety culture within the organisation.
- Responsibility for collating and reporting technical and engineering aspects of the Public services Contract with NTA
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer, minimum NFQ Level 7, Level 8 preferred
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar mechanical engineering environment
- Strong systems experience with programs such as Microsoft Office Suite