An exciting opportunity for an experienced R&D Mechanical Engineer to join a market-leading company based in Cork on a permanent contract.
Our client is a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits, and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions, and air. Our client currently has a vacancy for a Mechanical Engineer with design engineering and project management skills who will work collaboratively in a cross-functional team on the sustainment and development of our range of liquid analysers and accessory products. This role will be instrumental in maintaining and improving product quality and reliability.
- Detailed understanding of product development and manufacturing requirements to achieve high quality designs which meet functional requirements and specifications.
- Will develop, maintain and execute detailed project schedules, budgets and other project targets. Projects can be software, mechanical, electronic or complete analytical systems in nature.
- A broad technical understanding of mechanical and electrical systems is essential.
- Manages the sustaining activities of active products, analyses quality defects for patterns and provides solutions to rectify these issues. Compiling, recording, and distributing required status reports, test results, and other required documentation.
- Has knowledge of FMEA and experience of reliability test plan development and testing of components to ensure insensitivity to manufacturing variation, temperature, humidity, aging, corrosion, vibration, shock.
- Develops and writes product manuals, specification sheets, procedures for product assembly, debug and test.
- Knowledge of ISO quality systems including Design Control and related requirements.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design Engineering (or similar), with 3 to 5 years’ experience in industrial or consumer product development.
- Demonstrated skill in the following areas:
- Mechanical design using CAD (Solidworks and AutoCAD inventor).
- 3D printing for rapid prototyping and manufacturing.
- Design for manufacturability.
- Has knowledge of compliance requirements in product development.
- Has experience of Visual Project Management.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.