The Commissioning Engineer will report to the Project Manager.
The Commissioning Engineer will provide engineering and technical support to plan, schedule, coordinate and execute full life cycle commissioning of critical facilities. Participates in the MEP design process; witnesses the static and dynamic testing of complex electrical and controls systems and operates the system in normal, maintenance and failure modes of operations by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Commissioning Engineer include the following:
- Assists in the development of commissioning plans.
- Assists in engineering design reviews.
- Assists in the static and dynamic testing of UPS, emergency power, generators, central mechanical plants, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, precision HVAC systems, life safety and controls systems.
- Interacts with contractors, interprets design and specifications.
- Deals with clients, tries to resolves problems within the scope of the design.
- Conducts site observation surveys and prepares field reports on the status of projects and completion of projects with respect to compliance to the plans and specifications.
- Prepares punch list reports and determines corrective measures for on-site problems.
- Acts as project coordinator with other field engineers, coordinating printing, presentation and administration procedures.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals.
- Develops MEP test procedures
- Develops MEP operating procedures.
- Responds to RFI’s when requested by PM Team.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university/Trade Qualified
- 6 years of experience within a critical environment
- Data Centre Experience is an advantage
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Egan