Video for this job
Our Client, a leading designer and manufacturer of electronic motor controllers currently has a requirement for a Mechanical Design Engineer. The engineer will have responsibility for working in a project team in an AS9100 environment carrying out design and development work in cooperation with a multi-national team on our motor controller and electrical actuation products.
Develop Controller Packaging and associated documentation for products in accordance to all relevant specifications, schedules and standards (e.g. Mil Std 810). This includes:
- Design and development of mechanical packaging from concept to medium scale production whilst ensuring that the product designs
- Meets performance specifications, cost & reliability targets
- Complies with required regulatory standards
- Are designed for cost, manufacture & test (DFM &DFT)
- Liaising with a cross-functional team (PCB layout, manufacturing engineer, QA) to facilitate the design process
- Liaising with multi-national design team to develop product specifications
- Selection of suitable materials and their suppliers based on product performance specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluation of new technologies and design trade-offs.
- Participation in internal & international design reviews
- Work closely with suppliers of mechanical parts
- Generate CAD files for production, suppliers
- Engineering Change Order generation
- Primary Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years relevant experience in mechanical design, particularly involving packaging of power electronics
- Familiar with design for manufacture (DFM) principles
- Proficient in the use of 3D design software (eg NX / Solidworks)
- Experience of sheet metal and castings designs
- Self-motivation, initiative and drive
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes.