Mechanical Design Engineer
Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Mechanical Design Engineer to join a reputable engineering company that has been delivering high-end stainless steel solutions for clients across Ireland, the UK and internationally. You will report directly to the Design Manager and work as part of a management team - Estimating, quality, design, production, contracts and scheduling.
What you would be working on:
The key focus of this role is to ensure that all project designs and associated documentation are produced to the highest standards. To ensure product quality, attention to detail, mitigation of costs, on-time delivery and optimum customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will be able to calmly manage multiple tasks under pressure and be able to prioritise these quickly and effectively. Participation to improve product quality, cost and lead time is an integral part of this remit.
What does the ideal candidate look like:
• 3-5 years’ experience in a similar environment specialising in metal fabrication design and/or non-structural architectural metalwork is essential.
• Broad mechanical design engineering capabilities.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD. • Strong project management skills with the ability to interpret surveys, design products and produce approval/fabrication and installation drawings.
• The ability to communicate clearly and articulately across all internal and external multidisciplinary teams (production, quality, site staff, architects, contractors, suppliers and end users).
• Practical working knowledge of 3D Inventor or Advanced Steel and other 3D modelling packages would also be an advantage.
• Knowledge of utility panels and transfer panels for the pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage but not a requirement.
What you will receive in return:
• Competitive compensation package
• Further training and education are encouraged and supported.
• Flexible working
• Travel allowance
• On-site parking.
• Healthy work-life balance, friendly work environment, and short commute.
Location: Ardee, Co Louth.
Ardee is located some 20km southwest of Dundalk and 20km northwest of Drogheda on the intersection of the N2 Dublin – Derry route and N52 Ardee - Nenagh route. Ardee is a busy market town and one of County Louth's main towns. Set amid a rolling agricultural landscape, it's a great place to explore with thriving local shops and pubs, inns, cafés and restaurants where you can linger and enjoy a drink and tasty local food.
* Full job description available on request *
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Amanda Melo.
+353 90 6450662