- Provides materials science support on business-critical projects related to security of supply, new business, major COGs programs, R&D etc.
- Provides physical properties measurement data, including its interpretation and reporting, on API processes manufactured
- Provides leadership and/or input to the Material Risk Assessment (MRA) process for AL2/3 changes related to API particle formation process i.e. crystallisation, isolation and drying and API material characterisation data
- May be required to provide recommendations regarding operation, selection or design of processing equipment related to the particle formation stages.
- Provide material science support to transfers of primary manufacturing process.
- Develop and transfer physical properties measurement methods.
- May be required to assist the Materials Science Lead in maintaining the skills and competencies required in a specific area of materials science at the Cork site, including definition, maintenance and revision of the competency framework
- Responsible for the line management of industrial placements, such as PhD students and graduates
- Responsible for the procurement, qualification, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Technical accountability for the design and interpretation of non-routine material characterisation data
- Leverage and sharing of external materials science knowledge
- Will be recognised as an expert in their area of materials science and will be accountable for leading significant programs of work aligned to business-critical activities.
- They will be accountable for developing and implementing the strategic direction and aligned tactical plan within their area of expertise.
- Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with company SOP’s, EHS standards and guidelines and relevant legal requirements.
- Read and understand Standard Operation Procedures applicable to role.
- Report all accidents, incidents and any EHS issues using the appropriate process /system to your line manager or, if required, the Occupational Health Advisor.
- Maintain work area in an inspection ready state and clean as you go to maintain good safe housekeeping standards.
- Be aware of the impact of your job activities on EHS issues.
- Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with our Quality Management System requirements.
- Participate fully in our site’s quality initiatives and ensure that all relevant quality standards are adhered to.
- Read and understand relevant Standard Operating Procedures and Global Quality applicable to role.
- Minimum Level of Education B.Sc. in a scientific discipline
Preferred Level of Education:
- MSc/PhD in a scientific discipline
- Area of Specialisation Scientific discipline related to materials science; chemistry, materials science, pharmaceutics, pharmacy etc.
- Basic technical knowledge across the following key areas of materials science: pharmaceutical materials and their functionality, transformation of material properties across primary and secondary processes, material characterisation
- Required for the necessary level of technical knowledge and understanding to be able to provide materials science support on a complex range of projects
- Excellent laboratory skills with the proven ability to design, run and interpret laboratory work programs
- Excellent report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability in complex and structured problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in working within multidisciplinary teams to achieve successful delivery of projects
- Demonstrated experience in assessing and meeting customer demands
- Proven ability to drive for and deliver results
- Competence in general statistical analysis
- Knowledge of current and emerging regulatory strategies.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Rory Walsh on 021-4911063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org