- Reference: D46934
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin West, Kildare
- Category: Production
Our client is a supplier and manufacturer of single-use fluid handling components and systems in high performance plastics for high purity applications in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries. They are looking for a Materials Planner/Supply Chain co-ordinator to join their expanding office.
- Purchasing: Manage procurement activities including demand planning, placing purchase orders and tracking supply of packaging, facings and other raw materials to optimize supply and working capital at the lowest delivered cost ensuring no stock outs disrupting the production schedules. Understand and utilize the purchasing best practices
- Production Planning and Scheduling: Support all aspects of planning, including overseeing raw material and finished goods inventories to best support customer requirements and customer stocking agreements Review and track production data and compliance to the schedule. Identify and escalate any risks to future production plans (material supply, capacity or labor constraints, process issues, etc.) Review and reconcile production work orders to ensure inventory accuracy and perform schedule updates.
- Distribution: Manage and plan all receiving, shipping and warehouse activities and personnel to effectively address effective material flow into the plant and effective finished product flow to our customers addressing their receiving needs
- Vendor Management: Effectively manage relationships with suppliers: manage pricing and terms, and manage vendor accountability for delivery and quality of their products and analyze potential new vendors ensuring that performance is in alignment with the purchasing and quality objectives (supplier quality management protocols)
- This position requires frequent interaction among staff levels and across internal and external customers and suppliers, most notably Sales, Manufacturing, Marketing, Finance, R&D, & Customer Service
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Proficient in MS Office
- QAD ERP system desirable
- APICS certification a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable experience in Production Planning/purchasing using an ERP system.
- Proven experience in Inventory control.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, suppliers, and customers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible and agile.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland. please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie