Exciting opportunity for a Materials Manager to join, an Irish-owned company offering engineering services and project management expertise to telecoms customers nationwide. The Materials Manager will be based in Athlone, Co. Westmeath. The Material Manager ideally should have a strong supply chain background and have experience with system implementation and cost reduction projects. The purpose of this role is to manage the supply of materials through to the end user.
- Working closely with the Stores & Fleet manager you will assist with formulating a strategy to identify new site locations countrywide to keep internal crews and contractors supplied with materials in close proximity to where they are working.
- Working closely with the project teams you will arrange for drawdown of the free issue material BOM from the customer and liaise directly with suppliers to arrange delivery of materials to various locations countrywide.
- Participate in the stock inventory processes to identify stock re-order levels and utilisation of any surplus materials.
- Produce material variation reports for the drawdown of additional materials identified from the update of the ArcGIS system (geographical mapping data)
- Participate in periodic stocktakes to report on the physical stock stored in company locations, identify closing stock position vs material usage data.
- Keep daily contact with internal crews and contractors to discuss any material deficits identified, resulting from materials issued to them and material usage submitted by them.
- Develop and provide training to crews for use of mobile apps for reporting weekly stock-takes submitted by them and clash with material usage data provided by ArcGIS. .
- Collaborate with the build design team to identify any improvements to the material usage logic.
- Must have a proven experience as a Materials Manager in a similar environment
- Proven experience with Supply Chain and Inventory Management Systems
- Proven experience with process improvement projects/cost reduction projects
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Must be a strong team player but have the ability to work independently
For more information on this role contact Niamh Cregg