Due to exciting new product/technology introductions in 2022 our clients are now recruiting for a Materials Manager to join their growing Team. The position requires a proven background in overseeing planning, procurement, storage, control, and distribution of materials and products according to company needs and customer requirements within a GMP-regulated medical devices industry.
The successful candidate will liaise heavily with cross-functional teams and will hold a leadership role in maintaining high quality/ performance/safety standards. Reporting to the Snr Manufacturing Manager, the position will be challenging and will involve exposure to Tier1-Medical Device customers and suppliers. The roll will involve personnel management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs inventory control, shipping and receiving, and materials storage.
- Maintains inventory levels to ensure deliveries occur within customer timelines.
- Maintains and ensures accuracy of the perpetual inventory system.
- Works with suppliers and couriers to schedule delivery of materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Oversees shipping, receiving and material handling functions related to purchased parts and finished goods.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce transportation costs and charges.
- Manages and monitors storage of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Work with Engineering, Operations and Finance to ensure accurate material, labour, and overhead costing.
- Performs write-offs on damaged or obsolete inventory to reflect accurate value of inventory.
- Establishes procedures for conducting and valuing year-end physical inventory.
- There will be a strong linkage with the Quality Assurance department in supporting the Regulatory and Compliance requirements of an ISO13485 organisation. This will encompass NCR and CAPA ownership and resolution.
- Deploy the principles of KPI analysis, lean and six sigma in identifying and implementing improvement to drive cost reductions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Key Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required and APICS Certification or similar.
- Five years of experience in materials control field required.
- Proficient with inventory reporting systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite organizational skills with the ability to work independently or as the leader of a team.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Chris O Toole.