Materials Handling Clerk – Our client is offering a unique and exciting opportunity in the Mid- West to be part of Start-Up.
We are exclusively working with Edwards Lifesciences a world leading Medical Device company. If you have a passion for improving the lives of patients with structural heart disease, please read on.
Edwards Lifesciences is driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives.
The Material Handler Clerk supports operation by performing related area material handling functions partnered with shipping, receiving, and raw materials (including limited chemical handling) in accordance to Edwards’ policies and procedures.
- Material requisition fulfillment, including locating, verifying, and labeling requested materials, and performing required system transaction and delivering materials to the area specified on the requisition, in keeping with established work instructions and SOPs
- Receive materials into the CEA from warehouse and/or QA released purchase orders, verify count of goods received and transfer to physical stock location or kitted to work orders, accompanied by the appropriate JDE transaction
- Perform weekly inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory count (if required) resolving any discrepancies identified during the process
- Contribute to improvement activities and participating in lean initiatives. Assist with inventory and/or system problem resolution
Required Education & Skills:
- Leaving certification required
- Good organizational skills, able to prioritize and manage competing priorities, detail oriented and quality focused
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend policies and procedures (English Speaking, preferred)
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately following good documentation practices (GDP)
- Ability to perform basic math calculations including adding, subtracting, and measuring
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills required
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs unassisted (based on need)
- Knowledge of and adherence to Edwards Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to warehouse operations and clean room medical device manufacturing
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision by following detailed instructions
- Work in a team environment, including exchanging information related to performing required tasks with colleagues and with internal customers, as well as with warehouse team members
- Basic computer skills required; good working knowledge of warehouse (enterprise) system (e.g. JDE)
- Flexibility to work varying shifts and/or overtime, as needed
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy
- Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control