Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Master Scheduler to join a reputable engineering company that has been delivering high-end stainless steel solutions for clients across Ireland, the UK and internationally. You will report directly to the Managing Director and work as part of a management team - Estimating, quality, design, production, contracts and scheduling.
What you would be working on:
• Liaising regularly with estimators, sales, production, sites, contracts and finance departments to ensure the most up to date information is captured for the Master Schedule.
• Updating the Master Schedule daily.
• Monitoring and optimising macro operational capacity planning.
• Ensuring capacity utilisation is maximised throughout the planning process.
• Constantly monitoring dynamics and changes in machines, personnel, suppliers, stock etc. and optimising the Master Schedule with the necessary changes.
• Working in conjunction with the senior management to support management meetings in terms of budgeting.
• Responsible for developing and managing project schedules and project controls tools.
• Leading and hosting interactive planning workshops.
• Critical Path development and analysis.
• Proficiency in scheduling tool software packages.
• Providing performance updates/reports views for identification of variances and corrective action.
• Updating the Design schedule.
• Scheduling each designer to a project.
• Setting the time frame for the project, key dates.
• Ensuring the typical detail is issued to the customer for comment/approval.
• Responsibility for signing off on final design before issuing to the Customer/Production
• Constantly monitoring materials dynamics as part of the MPR, ensuring that the scheduling process takes such dynamics into account.
• Working with the Procurement Manager on vendor issues such as “Frame Agreements, JIT deliveries etc., in line with a Materials Management Programme.
• Clearly identifying against the Master/Overall Schedule areas of noncompliance and ensuring that all possible actions are being taken to recover.
• Reporting to Management as to limitations/difficulties which become evident.
• Making recommendations to management as to changes that will allow the organisation to achieve additional throughput and/or reduce costs.
What does the ideal candidate look like:
• Should be a natural leader with strong managerial capability who has good commercial knowledge and an understanding of Master Scheduling and Production Planning within a project-based production facility
• Have strong attention to detail skills.
• Strong decision-making ability and ‘challenging’ ability (in a positive way).
• Ability to relate and interact with all functional areas and associated personnel, ensuring that the Master Scheduler & Design Manager role is always actively maintained.
What you will receive in return:
• Competitive compensation package
• Further training and education are encouraged and supported.
• Flexible working
• Travel allowance
• On-site parking.
• Healthy work-life balance, friendly work environment, and short commute.
Location: Ardee, Co Louth.
* Full job description available on request *
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Amanda Melo.
+353 90 6450662