Exciting opportunity for a Master Data Manager looking for a unique hands-on position offering growth and strong career prospect. The company is a leading global provider of excellent dairy products that markets 230 dairy Food Service and Food Ingredient products to over 80 countries The primary function of the Master Data Manager is to ensure that the framework for master data governance is managed in accordance with best practice and in support of business needs. This role will report to the Group Head of Strategy.
We are open to this person working as part of a Hybrid model.
Maintain the master data management framework
- Manage a cross-divisional master data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and consistency
- Manage the adoption of master data management standards and data governance procedures to ensure data integrity across the business
- Evaluate and drive improvement of master data management process and policy, including establishing best practice
- Create and maintain documentation for data processes and flows across master data management systems
- Define, implement and maintain metrics that assess the current status of master data, particularly in relation to data quality
Provide thought leadership and direction to the business and IT
- Work collaboratively with Group & Divisional business units and critical functional areas to develop the management of master data that will ensure data integrity and align with business objectives
- Work closely with the operational business to ensure accurate and timely information flow and avoidance of supply chain interruption
- Identify and define the right strategies to integrate master data with other operational systems (such as Softtrace) so that master data can be managed more efficiently and effectively
Act as the business-IT liaison for MDM activities and solutions
- Liaise with IT and the business to design technical solutions that will create a single source of truth via the master data management solutions
- Work with the business and IT to design and implement processes that will maintain the integrity of the master data
- Define appropriate data migration strategies as well as plan and manage data migration requirements and processes in any future system implementations
What does the ideal candidate look like:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a lead master data management or data governance role.
- Previous experience working in a lead role reporting into senior management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including presentations, documentation, and leading meetings.
- Strong organizational skills with previous experience coordinating large groups of people with diverse skills and focus.
- The ability to work at the detail level, while also being able to update senior management at the summary level.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- A proven history of staying up to date with best practice in the field of master data management.
- A recognized data management certification, such as DAMA CDMP or similar would be advantageous.
What you will receive in return:
- Hybrid model
- Pension company contribution
- High-visibility position, reporting directly to Group of Strategy
- Autonomy to shape the role and develop a framework of master data management.
- Opportunity to work in a leading global provider of excellent dairy products made to the most exacting international standards of quality.
- Fast track career progression.
- Be part of a high-performance team that is committed to delivering top-quality products while always striving for excellence.
- Healthy work-life balance, friendly work environment and short commute.
* Full job description available on request *
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact