The Irish Tourism Group is seeking a Marketing & Product Development Executive to participate in advertising campaigns and create new tour products.
Your main responsibilities as a Marketing & Product Development Executive will include conducting market research, producing promotional materials, creating and monitoring digital and non-digital ad campaigns and analysing sales data. You will also play a role in helping to create and implement new tour products for The Irish Tourism Group.
- Creating and monitoring Google Adwords campaigns and other sponsored online advertising.
- Generating marketing communications, including blogs, advertisements, newsletters, brochures, and promotional items.
- Writing informative ad copy for e-mail blasts, blog posts, and print ads.
- Creating, adding and editing content on our website.
- Managing social media marketing, e-mail marketing, and third-party advertising.
- Assisting with SEO strategies to increase the number of visitors to our website.
- Contributing to marketing reports, plans and strategies.
- Monitoring competitor activity and helping to develop new strategies to counter.
- Attending workshops, trade shows seminars and other networking events when necessary. Sometimes overseas.
Product development within The Irish Tourism Group involves creating ideas for new tour products taking into account operational needs, presentation to our target market and advertising. The role includes:
- Carrying out market research to assess demand for new tour ideas.
- Researching and analysing competitor activity & developing products to compete.
- Developing tour ideas in line with company goals.
- Communicating with hotels, coach operators and other suppliers to agree on rates for new products in order to ensure the best price/service for the overall product.
- Writing tour content for our website as well as tour itineraries and other client documentation.
- Working with management to finalise new product details.
- Ensuring sales and administrative staff understand and are fully trained on new product information.
- Occasional visits to tour sites to ascertain quality and suitability.
- Minimum 2 years of digital marketing experience and 2 years managing Google Adwords Campaigns.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics & Knowledge of SEO techniques.
- An interest in tourism.
- Education in communications, marketing, tourism or equivalent through experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills, and a keen eye for detail.
- Creative flair in the generation of fun and original online content.
- A good standard of computer literacy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level to produce statistical reports.
- Highly organised, with an ability to work to deadlines, and to plan and prioritise tasks effectively.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- A proactive, positive attitude.
- An organised and reliable approach to work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Experience in the tourism sector.
- Experience with design products such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop etc., would be an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.