- Reference: GJ345636
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Connacht, Galway, Galway City
- Category: Production
The Mgr, Manufacturing/Process Engineering will be a highly motivated, performance driven individual with proven experience in people management, leadership and acting as a technical point of contact for all activity within the Engineering department. This position will demand someone who possesses the ability to lead validation processes, mentor and develop a team of Engineers/Technicians, and manage a range of fast paced and dynamic projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Lead technical analysis of operational issues to identify root causes and implement highly effective counter-measures using rigorous and well documented methods
• Provide updates to Senior Management on technical issues with the appropriate level of technical and cost detail.
• Lead and coach technicians / engineers through the process of root cause analysis to create standard methods within the department.
• Gather and analyse relevant data to inform decision making in Engineering and Maintenance.
• Evaluate and prioritise potential capital projects in terms of scope, schedule and budget.
• Plan and execute capital projects using established Project Management methods.
• Generate project progress reports and present to Senior Management as required.
• Complete detailed technical evaluation of new manufacturing equipment requirements.
• Generate User Requirement Specifications in co-ordination with key stakeholders from Production and Validation.
• Work with Purchasing department to procure capital projects.
• Manage the installation and commissioning of equipment, systems and facilities associated with capital projects.
• Implement and sustain a highly organised and well documented maintenance management system for manufacturing equipment, utility systems, and facility systems.
• Provide technical guidance and support to Maintenance Technicians.
• Implement Key Performance Indicators for Maintenance.
• Create a highly organised workplace and standard methods and procedures for maintenance activities.
• Implement and maintain an effective spares management system.
• Manage external contractors to comply with maintenance standards
Safety and Training
• Develop appropriate safety procedures for all Engineering, Projects, and Maintenance activities.
• Ensure that all Engineering and Maintenance staff are appropriately trained for the duties they perform
• Develop and implement the continuous improvement plan for the Engineering Department.
• Work with other departments to drive the continuous improvement projects as required.
• Ensure all equipment and systems are maintained and calibrated in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Maintain appropriate records of all Engineering, Maintenance and Calibration requirements in accordance with regulatory requirements and the Quality Management System.
• Present and defend all aspects of Engineering, Maintenance and Calibration during regulatory agency inspections.
• Provide strong leadership to the Engineering team.
• Create a respectful and challenging working environment which motivates the team to be the best that they can be
• Coach and develop direct reports to upskill and improve.
• Complete frequent performance evaluations within the department in accordance with HR requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
• 5 years + experience working as a senior engineer / manager in Manufacturing/Process engineering
• Proven people management skills.
• Experience in the Medical Device industry a strong advantage.
• Experience with Process Improvement.
For more information on the company and the role send in your CV today or call Christopher O’Toole on 091 706713