A permanent Manufacturing Technician role has arisen with a leading global medical device client in Galway.
The Manufacturing Technician will be part of a core team to respond to equipment, yield, and process-related issues, and implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures.
- Work on Electronic troubleshooting, PLC. programming, electronic hardware interfacing.
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key maintenance items to minimise downtime.
- Assist ME’s in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Assist ME’s in design methods, part sourcing and documentation.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations, including report writing etc.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
The ideal Manufacturing Technician looks like:
- HETAC Level 6 qualification in a relevant area with a minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Medical Device Manufacturing experience is highly desirable
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Electrical competency an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Jessica Ryan,