This electronic production company employs a team of passionate individuals whose ability to think big has enabled them to continually lead the market with over 40 years market experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company based in Galway who are setting up a major new function within their existing site. You will be reporting into the Manufacturing Manager and you will receive the support and resources that you would expect from a well-established multinational. This new Irish Manufacturing facility will be responsible for the processing and delivery of all their global hardware and software orders.
- To maintain the company’s internal quality systems and implement the manufacturing build plan required to fulfill all Global sales orders.
- Build company’s telephony servers using sub-components supplied by aspects Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and load software images as required.
- Continuously improve process and production line efficiency, flexibility, and work environment to improve yield, capacity, and product quality.
- Test and run diagnostics on server-based systems as outlined in procedures and troubleshoot systems as required.
- Deal with all engineering issues when encountered on the production floor, correct tooling, equipment, and process issues, and raise larger issues to the broader Engineering group as required.
- Ensure production line tooling and fixtures are calibrated and functioning properly.
- Work with the Manufacturing Manager to introduce new products to the production line to improve existing tooling, fixtures, and procedures.
- Generate and the Process Engineering Change Orders needed to document and update work instructions and thereby both maintain and improve the production line.
- Assume ownership of production yields, improving them to meet goals.
- Participate on project teams to design, develop, and continuously improve product, equipment, fixtures, and/or processes.
- Work with purchasing, planning and contract manufacturers to ensure manufacturing order deliveries are prioritized effectively. Identify & report revenue risks.
- Participate in ‘On Call’ Rota to support the Out of Hours delivery of post-sales spares and flexibility required at quarter-end to meet revenue targets.
- Measure supplier performance and monitor supplier corrective action.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications required
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electronic Engineering desirable), or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and 2-4 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- +4 years of experience in a ‘high tech’ manufacturing assembly environment
- Strong team-working and communication skills. A drive to get the job done in the face of obstacles and time constraints, and a willingness to jump in wherever needed.
- Experienced in the use of ERP systems (NetSuite would be a distinct advantage) and Competent using office software Word, Excel.
- Familiarity with ISO and the quality systems used by manufacturing organizations and external International regulatory compliance requirements Aspect product.
- Completes assignments and tasks with limited oversight.
Ways to stand out for this role
- Experience in a multinational manufacturing environment.
- Regulatory compliance systems (Chinese CQC, European CE & WEEE, US UL and ISO)
- Health Insurance (family cover)
- Annual leave 20 days which increases after a certain length of services. Also have a “floating holiday” scheme
- Pension scheme
- Wellness reimbursement Plan
- Employee referrals scheme
- Eye Care
- Educational Assistance Programme
- Culture crew activities held throughout the year paid for by Company
Please get in touch on email@example.com or on 091 706 718 for a confidential discussion, or apply to this role with an updated CV.