My client, a Medical Technology company based in the west of Galway, who focused on developing, designing, and manufacturing both sophisticated and niche critical components for minimally invasive medical devices used in diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, is looking to hire a Manufacturing Technician.
Your new role will see you responsible for providing technical support for existing production processes, products, equipment, and materials. Key focus on Changeovers, Preventative Maintenance, Machine Up-Time, and Process Yield.
- Solution-focused, diagnosing and implementing permanent solutions to manufacturing issues in a structured problem-solving approach.
- Technical responsibility for OEE Metrics Yield & Downtime, communication/escalation of critical downtime events, and appropriate recovery resolution planning.
- Support equipment/product changeovers while implementing continuous improvements to reduce changeover times (SMED).
- Responsible for completing the equipment preventative maintenance (PM) ensuring continuous improvement of PM’s to optimise equipment performance.
- Manage and maintain spare parts inventory to minimise equipment downtime.
- Design jigs & fixtures to meet manufacturing requirements and continuously improving existing processes.
- Follow safe systems of work, taking care of personal health and safety, and that of others. Eliminating or reducing risks where practicable by complying with site safety rules and instructions and reporting hazards to management for prompt action.
- Collaborate with the production team to ensure correct prioritisation of daily/weekly action.
- Training relevant Production Operators incorrect use of process equipment and in product specifications.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible while managing multiple ongoing tasks.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude in dealing with people.
- A hands-on approach to diagnosing and fixing manufacturing issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues in a systematic approach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- The successful candidate must hold an NFQ Level 6 or above in a Technical Discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mechatronics or Electrical) with two years relevant industry experience.
- Mechanical, Electrical or Lean Six Sigma certification – Highly Desirable.
- Process experience in Grinding, Moulding, EDM and/or Laser processes – Distinct Advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information please contact Michelle Mc Inerney
091 706 717