A global medical products company is keen to hire a Manufacturing Team Leader to join their team.
The Manufacturing Team Leader will drive daily performance management on site. The Manufacturing Team Leader will be responsible for implementing policies and corrective actions and advocating team growth.
Responsibilities (Full job description available on request):
• Provide leadership to the team(s) under the incumbent’s shift & area of responsibility to coach and enable Associates to be successful in meeting or exceeding team goals in safety, quality, service & cost in an environment of continuous improvement.
• Drive resolution of issues preventing the team to achieve daily targets by effectively managing relationships with support functions under an appropriate sense of urgency.
• Facilitate team meetings, and ensure shift hand-off meetings occur to relay crucial information across teams and shifts.
• Provide a safe work environment. Monitor safety conditions within the team.
• Assist in the improvement of critical KPI’s for the area under supervision
• Manage staffing levels to ensure plans are executed, maintain cross-training matrices.
• 2 years of working experience in a people leadership position, holding a higher education qualification (engineering, manufacturing or other field),or
• 3 years of working experience in a leadership position within a manufacturing environment with a stated intention to pursue appropriate higher education qualifications, or
• 5 years of working in a manufacturing environment with an identified aptitude for leadership environment with a stated intention to pursue appropriate higher education qualifications, or
Higher education or vocational school diploma in engineering, manufacturing or other field preferred.
• Lean (5S, etc.) and Six Sigma knowledge & experience preferred.
• Familiarity with manufacturing ERP systems and shop floor data acquisition preferred.
• Medical Device or other FDA related manufacturing experience preferred.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Flynn