Our client, a global pharmaceutical company based in Westmeath is looking to hire a Manufacturing Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for guiding and supervising activities within the plant to ensure the delivery of safe, effective, quality product in adherence with schedule. In addition, you will manage/assign workload such that deadlines and schedules are met.
The ideal candidate will have Minimum 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry (Medical Device Food or Automotive) and 3 years in a people management role. Must be open to shift.
Attractive package on offer, as well as a great company culture and career progression opportunities!
- Provide effective leadership to ensure that all our policies and procedures are effectively adhered to in the timely execution of the production schedule.
- Work with Supply Chain, Engineering, Validation and Quality groups to ensure customer service requirements are met.
- Drive daily and weekly Value Stream Meetings with a focus on the delivery of safe, effective, quality product in adherence with schedule.
- Lead an environment of continuous improvement and innovation in line with lean thinking and process excellence.
- Coach and mentor the shift team to develop their skills and optimise performance and proactively utilise available tools to support people management.
- Initiation, progression and completion of Process Investigations (PR’s). Review and completion of documentation (Change Controls, Electronic and Manual Batch Records, Cleaning Check sheets etc) to meet business needs.
- Proactively support and manage our systems and communicate KPI’s to ensure full compliance within our operation at appropriate forums and through visual metrics boards.
- Direct the efforts of staff in compliance with all regulatory requirements, cGMP, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Play lead role in audit preparation within Manufacturing and lead audit preparation teams to ensure audit readiness.
- Ensure that operations are run in a cost-effective manner in line with budgetary objectives.
- Support, plan and manage the scale up and skill acquisition processes to support successful new product launches and technical transfers.
- People management including hiring, training, performance appraisals, rewarding and disciplinary activity and conflict resolution.
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry (Medical Device Food or Automotive) desired with 3 years in a people management or similar role an advantage
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of cGMP, safety practices, and Manufacturing processes & procedures.
- Packaging experience an advantage.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver improved performance (for example through application of “Lean technology” or through process analysis).
- Good team player with ability to foster and promote internal collaboration.
- Logical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Ability to interact readily with key contacts across different departments.
- Proven track record in your current role is essential
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Niamh Cregg