As the Manufacturing Shipping and Spares coordinator, reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, you will participate and be part of a major new function within our existing site with the support and resources that you’d expect from a well-established multinational. The Irish Manufacturing facility will have responsibilities for the processing and delivery of all global Hardware and Software orders related to company’s telephony equipment and voiceover IP software.
The Manufacturing Shipping and Spares coordinator is responsible for the overall management of the company’s inventory, shipping and spares administration process. This is an important role requiring an ability to coordinate with multiple manufacturing functions to delivery sales orders as well as maintain the post sales spares network.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with Manufacturing colleagues including order fulfilment, purchasing and manufacturing assembly to dispatch sales order to meet customer requirements and Aspect’s revenue goals.
- Administer the company’s global after sales spares support process by working with planning and purchasing to ensure the right parts are available in spares depots and delivery to customers in line with customer service level agreements (SLAs).
- Good understanding of Incoterms and export regulations associated with delivering sales orders & an ability to prepare shipping and export paperwork.
- Perform receiving functions which include verification of ordered part numbers, quantities as well as performing business system transactions to close the purchase order.
- Conduct a program of regular stock audits and cycle counts at inventory locations investigating and reporting all discrepancies to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Manage third party freight service providers / partners to ensure they meet service level agreements.
- Participate in ‘On Call’ Rota to support the Out of Hours delivery of spares.
- To return all spare material to the relevant repair source and progress as necessary to ensure its timely return for operational use.
- Support Quality (ISO), internal reporting and Regulatory compliance systems (Chinese CQC, European CE & WEEE and US UL) and audits.
- Diploma in a technical area desirable with 2-3 years’ experience in a ‘high tech’ manufacturing
- Experience with Incoterms and import and international import export regulations.
- Experience with ISO and the quality systems used by manufacturing organizations and knowledge of the international export compliance for telephony equipment
- Knowledge of Material Handling, Inventory Management, Shipping and Spares management.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills. Professional demeanour to maintain and enhance relationships and the ability to interact effectively.
- Competent using office software including MS Word, Excel, NetSuite competency is desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Stephen Kelly on 091-706714.