Responsible for: All direct labour. Inclusive of Process Engineers, Shopfloor Supervisors and Operators.
Job Purpose: A hands on approach, overseeing the production area and production staff, to assure manufacturing operations are operating as efficiently as possible to satisfy customer requirements.
- Assuring the production areas are operating with the correct hourly production targets and scrap escalation processes. Monitoring and analysing the performance daily to ensure targets are met. Mentor and Support employees where targets are not achieved to upskills and develop.
- Present production statistics to the wider management team. OEE, Labour efficiency, Hourly monitoring, Scrap & Rework are key metrics.
- Manage and direct the shopfloor to ensure production are achieving KPI’s, Customer deliveries are achieved OTIF. Own the daily GEMBA walk
- Assuring the correct level of labour is available, taking into consideration volumes / mix and adhering to labour forecast and referencing budget assumptions. Liaising with recruitment when required, assuring adequate training of employees. Monitoring performance of workforce to ensure an acceptable level of efficiency is maintained. Training matrix and cross skilling strategy constructed and deployed.
- Ensure all manufacturing activities are carried out to comply with Quality cGMP requirements by the team and ensure that no compromises are made in terms of the quality of the product produced.
- Own the Production and Capacity plan and balance workload, accordingly, ensuring all employees are fully engaged at all times.
- Take responsibility for safety issues on the factory floor, investigate root cause of accidents and incidents, implement / recommend preventative measures to ensure that accidents do not reoccur and lead safety initiatives.
- Drive the companies 5S program and ensuring all persons comply with housekeeping requirements.
- Setting and reviewing budgets / forecasts and managing production costs.
- Promote and facilitate the continual improvement of all products, production processes and operations with a view to improving Environment, Safety, Quality and Business Performances.
- Managing a batch building production environment, reliant on manpower (essential)
- Strong man management background (essential)
- Previous manufacturing environments: Brazing/Welding/Tube bending (desirable)
- Project Management/Site development
- Budget owner
- Process Engineering and Operational management
- Leadership/Decision maker (essential)
- Excellent communicator and confident with customer interface
- Strategic planning and risk analysis
- Data driven and fluent in Excel (essential)
- Management of Operational data sheets / FIS (essential)
- Understand LEAN and the use of Line Balance Tool (essential)
For more information on this role please contact Michelle McInerney