Our client employs a team of passionate individuals who are changing the face of customer engagement. Over our 40-year history we have empowered employees by creating an inspired community that values customer obsession, unlocked communications and relentless innovation. Our ability to think big has enabled us to continually evolve and lead the market, and to stay on the forefront with exciting technologies including cloud, mobile and artificial intelligence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team in Galway, Ireland. As the Manufacturing Manager, reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, you will participate in and lead a major new function within our existing site with the support and resources that you’d expect from a well-established multinational. The Irish Manufacturing facility will have responsibilities for the processing and delivery of all global Hardware and Software orders related to our client’s telephony equipment and voiceover IP software.
General Scope and Summary
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for the Manufacturing Department, post-sales hardware support activities and leading the manufacturing team. Responsibilities will include managing daily manufacturing operations including, safety, quality, production, delivery and the regulatory compliance activities that are essential to adding value to the Irish site. This is a complex role requiring cross border collaboration with several internal functions (e.g., Sales, Finance & R&D) in order to support and match the sales plan with the production plan and thereby meet our client’s revenue targets.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages all manufacturing activities including quality, regulatory, planning, purchasing, scheduling, production, shipping and sparing by ensuring employees are motivated, trained and supported effectively.
- Collaborate with Sales, Order Management and Finance to set expectations and ensure manufacturing resources and production scheduling are adjusted to meet quarter end revenue targets.
- Ensure Internal Quality (ISO) and external Regulatory compliance systems (Chinese CQC, European CE & WEEE and US UL), as well as Irish export compliance requirements are maintained.
- Work with the Support Organisation to plan and maintain the spares network (including managing ‘out of hours’ Rota).
- Implements new processes and methodologies to improve workflows and reduce costs.
- In conjunction with the Senior Operations Director, to set strategy, budget, and goals for the Manufacturing Department and work with work with Management and Finance to maintain and establish budgets and standard costs
- Work closely with the engineering team to introduce new products to manufacturing by qualifying new processes and equipment and influencing design to ensure manufacturability and testability.
Specialist Knowledge & Skills -Qualifications/experience required;
- Bachelor’s degree in technical area such as mechanical or electrical engineering, plus a min of 7 years of management experience in a ‘high tech’ manufacturing environment. Management certification advantageous.
- Experienced in managing and maintaining quality systems, international regulatory accreditations and Irish export compliance needed to support a manufacturing unit with a global shipping footprint operating in the telephony space.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with demonstrated experience of managing and motivating employees in a pressurized environment.
- Proven ability to deliver quarter end revenue targets and achieve scheduled milestones including contingency planning and disaster recovery.
- Competent using office software including MS Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint, and Outlook. NetSuite competency is desirable.
- Ability to use MS Excel to perform calculations and interpret results/data, PowerPoint, and NetSuite competency is desirable
Ways to stand out for this role
- Experience in a multinational ‘high tech’ manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Internal Quality (ISO) and external Regulatory compliance systems (Chinese CQC, European CE & WEEE and US UL), and Irish export compliance