Plant Manager (Permanent – Cavan/Meath)
Department: Production and Technical
Reports to: Operations Director
Reports: 3 direct and also overall control over all the technical, Boardplant and Plastermill team.
- Push the production performance of the Boardplant and Plastermill.
- Delivery of all business budgetary and programme commitments.
- Consistently maintain full compliance to statutory, EHA and quality obligations. Improve safety, quality and manufacturing performance. Accelerate the pace of fundamental organisation and cultural change.
- Plan, organise, lead and control safe and efficient Boardplant and Plastermill operations to meet current and planned requirements of output, cost, maintenance and quality in accordance with the strategies, policies and objectives laid down.
- Ensure high standards are adhered to in terms of Process Capability and Process reliability through the application of high standards in mechanical, electrical and process control engineering.
- Implement management and operational systems overseeing all manufacturing process from the receipt of raw materials until transfer of finished goods to finished goods warehouse.
- Continuous improvement.
- Oversee shift schedules.
- Set and mange short, medium- and long-term individual and team performance targets.
- Recruit, train and develop manufacturing workforces.
- Prepare and manage annual budgets in agreement with the Ops Dir to improve the cost effectiveness of factory operations.
- Work with Supply Chain colleagues to optimise production planning in terms of customer satisfaction, inventory optimisation and manufacturing efficiency.
- Ensure the certification requirements of ISO 9002. 14001 & 18001 are implemented and documented.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Min 2:1 Degree in Production/Engineering or related.
- Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Experience as Senior Manager across multi discipline operations.
- Proven experience in a high volume heavy manufacturing / engineering experience in b2b or b2c sector.
Interested? Contact Blaithin:
- 01 66 200 88 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!