An exciting opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Technician to join a leading designer and manufacturer of high-reliability electronic motor control solutions based in Ringaskiddy, Cork. This role will be on a permanent contract.
- Responsible for sustaining the day-to-day maintenance of the SMT, PTH and Systems assembly equipment and manufacturing process procedures within the electronics manufacturing facility.
- Yield improvement: Perform monitoring of SMT, PTH & System assembly build quality, identify and resolve quality yield issues as required.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in safe working order, preventative maintenance schedules are adhered to and machine uptime is maximised across: SMT, PTH, Prep Equipment, Conformal Coating Equipment, Packaging Equipment, Torque Driver Equipment, Laser Marking Equipment, Aqueous Cleaning Equipment & Inspection Equipment.
- Working with Manufacturing, Product and Design Engineers on New Product Introductions (NPI) in relation to the timely ordering of stencils, jigs, fixtures and creating of equipment programs for SMT, PTH and Inspection equipment.
- Program and debug of computer controlled equipment
- Select, order and maintain machine spares in relation to equipment needs.
- Work with manufacturing Team leader on lean product flows and process improvements.
- Responsible for housekeeping of relevant work areas and spares storage areas.
- Operate with a Lean mind-set – identifying and minimising waste in all processes and from the greater Value Stream.
- Greater than 2 years in a certified Electronics Manufacturing environment, applying Lean principles, contributing to improvement projects.
- Qualified trades personnel with industrial experience will also be considered.
- Level 6 qualification in Electronics, Mechanical / Automation Electrical, Technology, Mechatronics or similar.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.