Our client, a leading global healthcare company based in Cavan, is seeking to hire a Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor on a 12 month contract.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Manage the preventive and predictive maintenance programs, manage maintenance line support, coordinate plant shutdown assignments and oversee the contractors work, provide capital project input and support as well as overseeing the maintenance resources necessary to assure the production plan is met and/or exceeded while maintaining a zero-incident safety mindset, teamwork attitude and excellent customer service.
- Provide a centralized, strategic look across equipment performance (downtime).
- Improves maintenance processes. Recognizes and implements process improvements and cost reductions; creatively applies others’ ideas.
- Facilitates root cause analysis for equipment downtime, includes RCA tools.
- Develops and executes reliability studies and evaluations of equipment robustness.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement through defined CI Project Methodologies (CHARTER, SIPOC, FMEA, GANTT, etc.).
- Coordinates and monitors activities within the Maintenance Excellence program. Reviews plans and monitors status of implementation for those people assigned to effort; participates in site assessments.
- Estimates and coordinates resources needed (materials, budget, time and people) to accomplish assigned individual tasks.
- Participates in economic analysis and feasibility studies. Jointly responsible for achieving financial targets in support of business objectives.
- Provide engineering & technical leadership to the manufacturing operations.
- Independently gathers maintenance and manufacturing performance data (Maximo, Zarpac, etc.), and performs preliminary analysis. Reports findings. Prepares and communicates recommendations and respective action plans to drive cost containment and cost reduction efforts.
- Anticipates future directions. Benchmarks internally and externally. Assists with deployment of predictive and reliability centred maintenance strategies.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent discipline
- 1-3 years relevant experience in Engineering.
- The ability to organize, motivate and understand people.
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a high paced environment with an awareness of continued impact on production and the plant performance.
- Organised and resourceful with excellent attention to detail and ability to get the job done.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Colin Byrne.