- Reference: SJ46392
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leitrim, Roscommon, Sligo
- Category: Medical Devices
- Support Project teams to ensure effective execution of project/product implementation.
- Maintain close collaboration with the Engineering Group when:
- Identifying and implementing improvement opportunities
- Providing prompt resolution to on-going efficiency detractors
- New equipment is being introduced for new & existing processes
- Support the Installation Qualification of new equipment.
- Troubleshoot systems and processes, providing operationally effective robust solutions and improvements.
- Drive innovation and cost effectiveness through strong problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement and process optimization throughout all manufacturing areas, instigating changes to improve work environment and systems, continuously seeking ways to reduce costs.
- Advocate and influence improvements, passionately driving process excellence and continually striving for ‘Breakthrough Improvement’ in all projects.
- Assist with identification of improvement initiatives throughout the business, and provide leadership for associated projects.
- Influence senior management decisions to implement optimum solutions.
- 3rd level Engineering Degree. (Process, Mechanical, Mechatronics preferred)
- 3-4 Years Relevant Engineering Experience in a manufacturing environment including project management skills.
- Must possess a sound knowledge and understanding of the mechanical functionality of equipment, as well as electro-pneumatic principles.
- Experience in designing Jigs, Fixtures, Tooling. (Proficient in SolidWorks/Solid Edge)
- Knowledge of Lean Principles and execution of same beneficial
- Proven track record in a similar role.
- Experience of the introduction of new plant/cost reduction initiatives within manufacturing environments.
- Good understanding and experience of current manufacturing technologies and methodologies used in general assembly manufacturing.
- Experience of problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 / ISO 13485 beneficial.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to lead and develop individuals and teams.
- Ability to work on own initiative, self-motivated.
For a confidential discussion please contact Mark Whelan on 071 914 2411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org,
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!