- Support Project teams to ensure effective execution of project/product implementation.
- Maintain close collaboration with the Engineering Group when:
- Identifying and implementing improvement opportunities
- Providing prompt resolution to on-going efficiency detractors
- New equipment is being introduced for new & existing processes
- Support the Installation Qualification of new equipment.
- Troubleshoot systems and processes, providing operationally effective robust solutions and improvements.
- Drive innovation and cost effectiveness through strong problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement and process optimization throughout all manufacturing areas, instigating changes to improve work environment and systems, continuously seeking ways to reduce costs.
- Advocate and influence improvements, passionately driving process excellence and continually striving for ‘Breakthrough Improvement’ in all projects.
- Assist with identification of improvement initiatives throughout the business, and provide leadership for associated projects.
- Influence senior management decisions to implement optimum solutions.
- 3rd level Engineering Degree. (Process, Mechanical, Mechatronics preferred)
- 3-4 Years Relevant Engineering Experience in a manufacturing environment including project management skills.
- Must possess a sound knowledge and understanding of the mechanical functionality of equipment, as well as electro-pneumatic principles.
- Experience in designing Jigs, Fixtures, Tooling. (Proficient in SolidWorks/Solid Edge)
- Knowledge of Lean Principles and execution of same beneficial
- Proven track record in a similar role.
- Experience of the introduction of new plant/cost reduction initiatives within manufacturing environments.
- Good understanding and experience of current manufacturing technologies and methodologies used in general assembly manufacturing.
- Experience of problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 / ISO 13485 beneficial.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to lead and develop individuals and teams.
- Ability to work on own initiative, self-motivated.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mark Whelan.