Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Organizes and performs work within areas of responsibility. Measures and manages team performance as required.
- Participate in cross functional teams and value stream initiatives to meet overall company goals.
- Represents the organization in customer dealings including customer visits in a professional, positive and commercially aware manner.
- Ensures that customer expectations are managed and met in all areas of business interaction.
- Works with Customer Services, Sales, value stream teams to facilitate professional and timely delivery of information relating to quotes, orders, deliveries, complaints and other queries as they arise.
- Leads Product development, new process development or process improvement projects achieving the required standard in cost management, quality assurance, health and safety assurance, productivity and sales growth.
- Carries out day to day engineering functions including but not limited to:
- Process characterisation
- Production support
- Statistical analysis
- Tooling management and design
- Equipment purchase, commissioning and installation
- Upgrade of current, and the development of new equipment and processes including tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- Validation and development of manufacturing processes including materials and processing technology.
- Source and manage vendors for the supply of new equipment and processes.
- Generate and maintain quality documentation, work instructions and CAPA’s in accordance with compliance with relevant standards, ISO 13485, F.D.A, G.M.P. for medical devices, and environmental health and safety.
- Third level relevant Degree
- 5+ years’ technical experience in a similar manufacturing environment
- Background in Mechanical Engineering would be desirable.
- Basic Project management skills
- Structured Problem-Solving techniques
- Understanding of Lean Principles
- Ability to drive projects to completion
- Process validations/FMEA’s and protocols
- Ability to generate and understanding technical drawing (AutoCAD/Inventor)
- Understanding of new product introduction process
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-51227