- Reference: CJ47289
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Manufacturing Engineer II – Our client is offering a unique and exciting opportunity in the Mid- West to be part of Start-Up.
We are exclusively working with Edwards Lifesciences a world leading Medical Device company. If you have a passion for improving the lives of patients with structural heart disease, please read on.
The Company: Edwards Lifesciences is driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. The Position:
We’re looking for a Manufacturing Engineer II that can satisfy the following requirements;
- Improve manufacturing processes using engineering methods (e.g., LEAN methods, basic statistics) for continuous process improvement
- Develop basic experiments and tests (including writing and executing protocols) to qualify and validate manufacturing processes; analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports
- Analyze and resolve basic Manufacturing and Compliance issues (e.g., CAPA, non-conformances, audit observations)
- Develop training and documentation materials (e.g., work instructions) for production to enable the seamless knowledge transfer of project and manufacturing processes
- Establish project plans to ensure deliverables are completed to customer’s expectations, using project management tools (e.g., Project Plan, Risk Analysis, etc.)
- Identify opportunities for re-design/design of basic equipment, tools, fixtures, etc. to improve manufacturing processes
- Oversee manufacturing support tasks; give instruction to technicians on conducting tests; train technicians and provide feedback; and coordinate technician work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or scientific field with a minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience required or a Master’s Degree or equivalent with internship, senior projects or thesis in Engineering or Scientific field including either industry or industry/education required.
- Good computer skills in usage of MS Office Suite including MS Project; CAD experience preferred (if applicable)
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including immediate supervisor and other team members in the section or group; and may interact with vendors
- Ability to build stable working relationships internally
The Location: Edwards Lifesciences will be based in Shannon Co. Clare, 20 kilometers from Limerick City. The Mid West base will offer employees an excellent work life balance in an area which has recently undergone a major economic recovery. Why Should You Apply? • To improve patient outcome who suffer from Structural Heart Disease.
To be part of a unique start up opportunity, where you will gain experience not available in any other company in the Mid- West. If you like what you have read thus far send your CV to Deirdre.email@example.com or for a confidential discussion, please call Deirdre on 061 512270.