Manufacturing Engineer II
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE’s Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world’s leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
TE Connectivity’s Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering support to manufacturing, and the development of existing and new process technologies.
- Manage a variable workload to meet/exceed key Performance Indicators (KPIs), such as yield, throughput and productivity.
- Support manufacturing as the manufacturing engineer providing line support for technical issues.
- Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Improves manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Responsible for managing the overall equipment performance (OEE) through the appropriate use of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Investigate new process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Prepares product and process reports / presentations by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Implement equipment maintenance procedures for critical equipment.
- Resolve quality and technical issues such that impact on product supply to customers is minimized.
- Maintain high quality / compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements within Creganna.
- Work as part of production support team to drive product and process improvements/developments.
- Update manufacturing procedures, specs as required through ECO process.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Engineering level 8 degree, or equivalent qualification, preferably with a minimum of 3 yrs experience in a similar role.
- Catheter assembly experience a definite advantage including braided shaft assembly and reflow, tip bonding and handle assembly.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects.
- Jigs & Fixtures design and maintenance experience would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of lean manufacturing principles and statistics.
- Demonstrate operating knowledge of Minitab software, would be an advantage.
- SolidWorks /AutoCAD skill would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate a dynamic, motivated & flexible approach to work with results oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of ISO & FDA compliance.