An exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer II to join a world-leading Medical Device company based in Limerick on a permanent contract. This company is one of the newest in the region having broken ground in 2018 and will have a headcount of 850 staff after the next phase of investment.
- Improve manufacturing processes using engineering methods (e.g., LEAN methods, basic statistics) for continuous process improvement.
- Develop basic experiments and tests (including writing and executing protocols) to qualify and validate manufacturing processes; analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports.
- Analyze and resolve basic Manufacturing and Compliance issues (e.g., CAPA, non-conformances, audit observations).
- Develop training and documentation materials (e.g., work instructions) for production to enable the seamless knowledge transfer of project and manufacturing processes.
- Establish project plans to ensure deliverables are completed to customer’s expectations, using project management tools (e.g., Project Plan, Risk Analysis, etc.).
- Identify opportunities for re-design/design of basic equipment, tools, fixtures, etc. to improve manufacturing processes.
- Oversee manufacturing support tasks; give instruction to technicians on conducting tests; train technicians and provide feedback; and coordinate technician work.
- Other incidental duties assigned by Leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or scientific field , minimum of 2 years experience Required.
- Good computer skills in usage of MS Office Suite including MS Project; CAD experience preferred (if applicable).
- Basic documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.