- Reference: GY45835
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Production
My client is looking to significantly expand its product portfolio, and is therefore searching for talented and creative members to join both its Research and Development and its Operations teams. The successful candidates will join a dynamic team under the leadership of a highly experienced management team in an exciting expansion phase for the company.
This position requires the ability to plan the practices of manufacturing; to research and develop tools, processes, machines, and equipment; and to integrate the facilities and systems for producing quality products with the optimal expenditure of capital.
- Support day-to-day production activities such as yield improvement activity, change notice, DNCRs, calibrations, IQ, preventative maintenance etc.
- Ensure that all products/processes are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements and best practise.
- Resolve process/material/equipment issues and implement corrective & preventative actions.
- Identify new technologies/tooling for process improvement/development.
- Lead improvement activities utilising six sigma problem solving methodologies and lean manufacturing principles
- Maintain documentation for system assembly & test including, but not limited to: Bill of materials, DHRs, procedures, validation protocols & reports, co-ordinate validation builds as required.
- Identification and set up of new vendors.
- Contribute to design teams within own field of expertise.
- Generates ECO’s (Engineering Change Orders), protocols, reports and prototypes under broad direction.
- Assist with test and evaluation of new designs including process/product development carrying out trial builds, developing iterations of existing processes/products.
- Transfer of New Products/ Manufacturing Technology both external and internal into production.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Required include Strong technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles. Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative. Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
- Primary and/or a postgraduate degree BS, MS, or PhD (Mechanical, Materials, Polymer, or Biomedical Engineering, or related technical field). Ideally 3-5 years Process Development and new product introduction experience in Medical Device Manufacturing.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: email@example.com