An exciting opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join a leading global medical device company based in Cork on a permanent contract.
To engineer and implement highly capable & effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and objectives.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- To identify and order the key activities utilized in quality, service & cost improvements in the Operations Engineering Cycle to meet key business objectives.
- To apply a prioritised approach in Value Centred Engineering to achieve the key opportunities in quality, service and cost.
- Providing technical leadership on all product and process issues.
- Line performance monitoring and the compilation and execution of structured event plans to remediate systemic issues that drive sub-optimal performance.
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, and process work instructions compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Leading technical improvement under the team’s Continuous Improvement Program (CIP).
- Transferring and implementing processes either from development or from another manufacturing facility.
- Participation, where appropriate, in the phase review process with respect to new products.
- Elimination and/or management of material risks on the production floor in co-operation with Supplier Quality engineers.
Education & Experience:
- Level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a highly regulated environment.
- Strong communicator with excellent problem solving skills.
- Teamwork & collaboration is a key competency for this role.
- Ideally experience of working in a regulated environment.
- Project Management
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Kevin Griffin.