This is an exciting opportunity for an Automation/Manufacturing Engineer to join a leading healthcare organisation in Waterford.
- The Automation Engineer monitors the quality and efficiency performance of assigned product lines and provides support in driving continuous improvement through process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
- Support design, buy-off, installation and validation of automated production lines.
- Process Characterisation / Optimisation (DFMEA’s, PFMEA’s DOE’s etc.).
- Lead systematic technical root cause investigations.
- Support production line ramp to achieve mature production targets.
- Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing additive manufacturing processes.
- Monitors the additive manufacturing process; troubleshooting problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues. Is the technical expert on various projects/productions jobs and process as required
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership of technical issue resolution.
- Lean Six Sigma skills an advantage.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Good data analysis skills.k
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project.
- CAD experience desirable.
- Honours Degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or similar discipline.
- 3-6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (high volume automated assembly experience would be an advantage as would medical device manufacturing experience).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Kevin Griffin