Our client a Major Multinational here in Galway are looking for a number of Manufacturing Engineers. These are initially 18 months contract roles.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions. May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
The ideal Manufacturing Engineer would look like:
- Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Requires a University Degree and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Jessica Ryan,