- Reference: 46886
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Longford, Roscommon, Westmeath
- Category: Production
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Manufacturing Engineer is a key technical role in the company. They will be capable of working with different levels within the organisation in supporting the manufacture of medical devices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose and implement solutions to manufacturing issues. Use a structured problem-solving approach when necessary and document the solutions through the quality system to ensure robust processes.
- Engage constructively with other functions within the Company to drive continuous improvement using lean tools and methodology.
- Lead introduction of new products and processes to meet customer requirements. Design process flows, product manufacturing routers, and write process specifications. Take ownership of New Product and Process Implementation and support the validation process as required.
- Be a key member of the design review team, develop and contribute to product and process FMEA’s. Develop project plans and support the release to manufacture process.
- Work with the production department to provide training on new products and processes while generating the relevant documentation such as work instructions, inspection standards and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Support the day to day manufacturing process to ensure the timely delivery of customer orders.
- To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These ‘other duties’ will be agreed with Management prior to any assignment.
A Degree qualification in Engineering or related science is essential coupled with 3 to 5 years’ experience in a medical device manufacturing engineering role. Other requirements include:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills within a team environment to all levels of the organisation.
- Confident and capable of leading a small team.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- A hands-on approach to diagnosing and fixing manufacturing issues.
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office packages.
- ERP experience essential, SAP, Oracle etc.
Desirable but not essential
- IT systems experience
- Experience with IQ, OQ, PQ processes.