An exciting opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join a leading global medical device company based in Cork on a permanent contract.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- To identify and order the key activities utilized in quality, service & cost improvements in the Operations Engineering Cycle to meet key business objectives.
- To apply a prioritised approach in Value Centred Engineering to achieve the key opportunities in quality, service and cost.
- Providing technical leadership on all product and process issues.
- Line performance monitoring and the compilation and execution of structured event plans to remediate systemic issues that drive sub-optimal performance.
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, and process work instructions compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Leading technical improvement under the team’s Continuous Improvement Program (CIP).
- Transferring and implementing processes either from development or from another manufacturing facility.
- Participation, where appropriate, in the phase review process with respect to new products.
- Provide technical leadership/guidance for the Process Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers I’s on the team.
- Project planning, in detail, in support of major projects, product/process transfer etc.
- Responsible for other projects (value stream and cross functional) as assigned by the company, including the scoping, approval, budgeting, specification, execution, qualification and handover as appropriate. Observance of the site Equipment and Automated Systems (E&AS) procedures for new equipment.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
Education & Experience:
- Level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in a highly regulated environment.
- Strong communicator with excellent problem solving skills.
- Teamwork & collaboration is a key competencies for this role.
- Ideally experience working in a regulated environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.