A permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer in North Galway. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for maximising the manufacturing processes. They will provide technical and operational support by developing processes using Lean principles to allow for safe, effective, and efficient Production.
This is a broad role and the successful candidate will gain exposure and contribute to all areas of the business by supporting the Quality, Operations, Health & Safety & R&D departments.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Productivity and Performance of the Evolution production Lines.
- Carry out cost saving engineering projects to add to the sustainability of the product.
- Develop product designs based on technical specifications using design for manufacture principle.
- Monitor and execute continuous improvement projects.
- Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes & improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems in production.
- Responsible for New Product Integration into production lines.
- Ensure equipment and preventative maintenance procedures are effective
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (L7) in a relevant discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years' relevant industry experience
- Understand manufacturing processes and have experience in a busy environment
- Working knowledge and experience of PTC Creo or alternative packages
For a more detailed job spec and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.