Our client, a leading global healthcare company in Donegal, is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer on a 12 month contract. This role has a high probability of converting to a permanent role next year. Responsible for the performance of complex and specialized manufacturing equipment systems; you will liaise with engineers from a range of worldwide suppliers, as well as internal engineers and process leads from other functional groups. With a blend and mix of hands-on troubleshooting, data analysis and design.
- Analysis of equipment performance data and develop action plans.
- Development and Automation of Key Process Indicators and strategies for early detection and control.
- Maximising equipment throughput and yield performance.
- Troubleshoot, Diagnose and resolve machine downtime events.
- Develop design changes for improvement in performance.
- The ability to be able to project manage small to medium sized projects from initiation to completion to make improvements to meet operational objectives.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent oral and written updates on projects or tasks.
- The ability and confidence to work individually and as part of a team depending on requirements.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills are all essential, as well as the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Ability to learn quickly, use your initiative and work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and action oriented
- Have logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Have ability to learn other engineering skills outside of your core area of expertise.
- Be able to work directly hands-on and able to apply fundamental electrical and mechanical diagnosis skills.
- Graduated in a Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, or other Equipment Engineering related degree programme
- Experience in a fast-paced 24/7 production environment
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson