Our client, a leading Medical Device company in Sligo, is looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer with a proven track record of work experience in Engineering & Manufacturing to join their growing team in Sligo.
The Manufacturing Engineer will gain exposure and contribute to all areas of the business through supporting the Quality, Operations, EHS & NPI departments.
Key Responsibilities (Full job description available on request):
- Provide support to the Manufacturing organization to facilitate efficient operations within the production areas, to optimize existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met with a specific emphasis on manufacturing efficiencies.
- Process ownership of defined areas – owns and drives process and equipment improvements and drives strategic and cost projects.
- Collaborate with Quality to address quality issues and with NPI to support the integration of new products or processes into the existing manufacturing areas.
- Drive innovation and cost effectiveness of systems and processes through strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to provide operationally effective robust solutions and improvements.
- 3rd level Engineering Degree (Process, Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics preferred).
- Must possess a sound knowledge and understanding of the mechanical functionality of equipment, as well as electro-pneumatic principles.
- Experience in the MedTech or Pharma industry.
- Experience of the introduction of new plant/cost reduction initiatives within manufacturing environments.
- Experience in designing Jigs, Fixtures, Tooling (SolidWorks/Solid Edge).
- Knowledge of ISO9001 / ISO 13485 will be an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Flynn