As the Manufacturing and Spares Planner/Buyer reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, you will participate and be part of a major new function within our existing site with the support and resources that you’d expect from a well-established multinational. The Irish Manufacturing facility will have responsibilities for the processing and delivery of all global Hardware and Software orders related to the company’s telephony equipment and voiceover IP software.
To forecast, plan and place orders for both the materials needed to support the timely fulfilment of all sales orders as well as the spares inventory needed to meet customer support agreements.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Forecast, plan and place purchase orders with suppliers for the Manufacturing and Spares materials needed to ensure optimum stock levels are maintained and service levels meet.
• Maintain up-to-date departmental audit and quality systems and documentation.
• Provide Monthly and Quarterly Key Performance Indicator Reports for Management.
• Report Inventory Performance, making recommendations as to optimal management of inventory.
• Identify trends and common failure points taking appropriate action to optimize its availability and minimize cost.
• Work with Sales, Order Management and contract manufacturers to ensure sales order deliveries are prioritized effectively to meet revenue targets
• Work with the US purchasing team to source commodities and services as required.
• To work late or at weekends around quarter end to co-ordinate with US colleagues and ensure orders are delivered.
• Participate in ‘On Call’ Rota to support the Out of Hours delivery of post sales spares and flexibility required at quarter end to meet revenue targets.
• Maintain and manage the approved supplier lists and other relevant Data.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, plus a min of 4 years’ experience in a ‘high tech’ low volume high value manufacturing environment as a Buyer/Planner role.
• Familiarity with ISO and the quality systems used by manufacturing organizations and with import and export requirements and procedures globally.
• Familiarity with the host nation regulatory compliance needed for shipping the company’s product.
• Must have the strong communication skills to collaborate in a cross-border matrix environment.
• Experienced in the use of ERP systems (NetSuite would be a distinct advantage)
• Experience gained in management of a “high-tech” service parts organization
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Stephen Kelly on 091706714.